Tuesday 10 November 2015

Cedar River Blanket progress...





Here's how it's looking after ten and a half squares! You can see I've yet to join three whole squares. My plan was to join each one to the main blanket as soon as I've completed them. However, Ella and I have an odd arrangement whereby she's chosen the colours for this blanket, she's seen one square worked up (I wanted to double check she liked it because it's hard work!) and she's happy to see future squares on their own but she doesn't want to see it as a blanket until it's finished. So last night, during unexpected tv time together, I managed to produce three and a half squares. It's speedier now that I know what I'm doing!

I'd still rather be doing this in subtle earthy and neutral tones with maybe a denim blue in there somewhere but hey ho, E is not afraid of colour. My only worry at this stage is trusting that the given wool amounts will actually be enough. The balls seem to be dwindling fast.

One thing I've noticed is that it's a very tactile blanket. It's a texture you just want to touch. So, ten down and 14 to go, and a deadline of five days before Christmas. No sweat!


2 comments: