Tuesday 10 December 2013

Dreaming...


I'd really love a white Christmas... that is after we've towed our caravan to Mum's for the duration of the holiday (with enough food to survive being snowed in for a month or two.) Quite frankly I don't know how we'd do Christmas otherwise, apart from the caravan being an extra bedroom (there are eight of us at Christmas) it's also the transportation for all the presents, bags, Wellies, snow boots, dog food, cat food... The actual animals; two dogs, a cat and two hamsters will travel in the car. God help us. Oh and I nearly forgot the children.

I think it is going to be an 'appy' Christmas if you'll pardon the pun. I envisage the children downloading apps galore on their Christmas presents this year (they don't read my blog). Sharing my iPad with them was supposed to be something that only happened when it was for homework but that just doesn't happen. They built a sim city thing last night, whatever that is, and E is particularly taken with Jelly Splash at the moment. It's all rather disrupting my new addiction to online Scrabble.

I have been reading the weather forecasts and it seems that at some stage we will have a period of prolonged snow. Never one to actually be totally prepared (I'm more of a spontaneous type) I actually went ahead and bought some snow boots. This was partly due to all that snow we had in 2010 that seemed to go on forever. I was still doing the primary school run in those days and envied everyone with warm feet inside thickly lined snow boots. There were no snow boots to be had for miles. Of course, now that I've got some it probably won't snow!

1 comment:

  1. I hope what with you and your snow boots, and me and my fancy new car windscreen "blankety thing" we'll have the mildest winter on record!

    ReplyDelete