Friday 31 August 2012

back in the groove...

Far from being 6 weeks of crochet productivity it seems the summer holidays this year has been a long break from crochet. I am back on track with a new project, one that is working up so incredibly fast that it looks to be one of the projects that actually gets finished!

I am using up existing supplies of aran wool but may have to supplement it nearer the end for the sake of colour balance. It leaves an odd but ok selection of random colours in my Aran box that could be another blanket at some stage.

These squares are a whopping 14inches across. I've used half trebles (uk) for the 'plain' squares and two different stitches for the 'textured' squares. They will be arranged in a checker board effect. The textured squares use up a bit more wool and take a bit longer but they are simple enough to do without concentrating too
much.

It always enters my mind to be more adventurous with colour but at the end of the day these are the colours that make me tick. I realised that when I nearly bought a novel the other day just because the cover picture was of a person in the most gorgeous oversized Aran tweed jumper on. I don't usually read murder and crime type books but that cover was very tempting!

1 comment:

  1. there's an autumnal nip in the air, perfect timing for new blankets!

    ReplyDelete