Tuesday 3 July 2012

blocking...

Woohoo! Look at me, I'm blocking! I don't very often block anything but it seemed like a good idea to show the pattern off. I used to think it was a technical process, and I may be missing something, but I just pin it to this old pinboard and spray it with slightly scented water, then leave until completely dry.

I'm half way to finishing the front panel now; it's funny how some patterns hold my concentration for longer. In this case perhaps due to the useful end result.

1 comment:

  1. I've never made anything that needed blocking. Correction - I've never made anything that the pattern confessed needed blocking. The main reason for this is that I've always assumed that if something needs blocking it will need it each time it's washed, and that's too much commitment for me. Good for you though - it looks very pretty.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete