Sunday 8 July 2012

bowled over...

What to do during a week of non stop rain? Indoor bowling. I must admit I was quite keen to stay at home with a steady supply of tea and my crochet, but I got talked into it, and we did have a good time.

Mr H got programmed in as 'Puff the Magic Dragon' thanks to his Dad who phoned a radio station on his 10th birthday and asked for that song to be played. He has never lived it down.

*J* was 'Breadstick' due to his skinny frame. I dreamt up my own nickname 'The Boss' just so they don't forget it! *E* rather strangely decided on 'Innit' because she finds use of that 'word' so amusing.

Goodness only knows what other players thought, they all went with proper names.

Mr H won the first game by bouncing off the rails. I showed them how to play properly without the rails in the second game. Me? Competitive? Nah!

We're now home waiting for the tennis to resume and I'm chilling out with my crochet - a snood from my Erika Knight book.

No comments:

Post a Comment