I had the chance to go with Mr H for a job or two this week. It's nice to explore new towns on my own. I picked up some discounted Sirdar Bamboo in a soft shade of grey. I've been trying to use up existing yarn this year so I thought the best thing to do would be to crochet up something quick and easy to avoid adding these balls to the pile!
I experimented with various 'fabric patterns' until I got the desired ratio of holes to stitches (early attempts created too big a mesh). I originally thought it would be enough to do a loose scarf but realised halfway through that it would have to be a cowl.
I'm really pleased with the result because it will give me an alternative to the cowl I made from Erika Knight's 'Crochet Workshop' which ended up being suitable for deepest darkest winters only!
The bamboo yarn is very lightweight but soft and warm. I now wish I'd snapped up some of the other colours! Using a 10mm hook it took no time at all. I'll be having a look through my existing yarns to see if I can find something suitable for another one of these.