Tuesday 12 March 2013

A crochet cat...

I can't quite decide if the final result is cute or evil looking! Maybe the eyes would look better in blue. I might make this cat a friend in a softer colour and see if it turns out less creepy looking. Maybe it's just me, and cats. I'm definitely on more familiar territory with dogs.

It's difficult to see his smiley face in black cotton against the charcoal wool. He could also do with a nice little crochet jumper or a scarf or something. He definitely won't be getting a round the world set of outfits as per the pattern suggestions. The pattern is from Crochet Today and the cat featured is called Coco. Coco has been to London, Russia, Holland, Japan, Venice and Spain. The London outfit made me laugh. It kind of looks like 1960s Twiggy style.

Talking of Twiggy... My Coco is definitely not stick like. In fact he is positively chubby compared to the pictures provided. I'm not sure how this has come about. I used the correct weight of wool and hook. Oh well. I am clearly not the only one to have produced a cat that looks different from the magazine photo; google 'coco the crochet cat' and you will see what I mean.



4 comments:

  1. Oh yes I see what you mean - just googled it and there are certainly a variety of expressions to behold! Yours is cute - not evil at all - and I think a nice stripey scarf would look fab x Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a cheerful red sweater so far but in this weather a stripey scarf sounds like a good idea!

      Delete
  2. He's a cute kitty. In this weather a scarf would suit him fine then maybe a t-shirt in cotton for the summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wee suitcase with an outfit for every season would be fun! At the moment I am making the all important girlfriend! :-)

      Delete