Friday 29 June 2012

new project...

I have nearly completed my long waistcoat but it's one of those projects that requires concentration so I am only working on that when the house is empty and quiet.

I couldn't resist starting this vest top using the recycled cotton I bought whilst on our short break.

I wasn't 100% sure about the colour choice until I had done a fair bit and now I definitely like it. It's a sort of pale terracotta.

The pattern is from the special issue 'Simply Crochet' by the Simply Knitting magazine team. It works up nice and quickly because the cotton is Aran weight using a 5mm hook.

I'm going to try and modify the pattern a little and not make it a round neck but a camisole style with thinner straps and no bow (ew, bows are not me!). Even with these modifications in mind, the garment may well end up in *E's* wardrobe rather than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment