Monday 22 April 2013

Keeping it simple...

Well the weekend is over but I am still on a mission to keep it simple. Boiled eggs and gluten free soldiers made a nice change from gluten free muesli this morning.

I made my first crochet face cloth at the weekend (an excuse to sit a little longer in the sun). I realise now I should have made dozens of these when I started out in crochet. They are the perfect beginner project. I've had this aran denim cotton kicking around for years. I liked the look of it but it was awkward to knit. Thankfully it is better suited to crochet.

I've never been a flannel sort of person; preferring to rinse soap from my face with cupped hands of water. That may change now that I have tried out this little square of ripple shell stitch. Of course, now everyone else wants one too. Oh dear, making crochet face cloths is a hard job but someone's gotta do it!





No comments:

Post a Comment