Monday 25 February 2013

Half term treats...

Ella and I both had a little pocket money saved for half term. We rarely shop, and when we do we usually have the men with us. It was nice to have that space and to go slightly mad just this once. I am usually the one in our household who watches the pennies. M is slightly more extravagant. Though I am a firm believer that there are some things not worth buying cheaply.

We didn't plan to buy footwear but Ella has been deliberating over buying her first pair of Dr Martens for some time, worried that they would make her feet look huge. When we came across a Dr Martens shop we agreed she should try a pair on for fun. Walking up and down the shop in them she said, 'Drat, I love them!' Her feet have been the same size for the last two or three years so we reckoned they have stopped growing. My daughter is so much cooler than I was at her age!

I certainly didn't expect to buy anything in there myself but then spotted the boots of my dreams! Wow, so comfortable! I rarely treat myself but with Ella's encouragement we both walked out of there with big brown paper bags and big smiles all round!



4 comments:

  1. Cool boots - and comfy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very pleased with mine even though I am too old and not cool enough for Ella's purple ones! A friend of mine still has a pair from when she was 15 and that was 25 years ago! She wears them too! Though not with the Laura Ashley dresses anymore!

      Delete
  2. I still have a pair of black Dr Marten Mary Janes I bought years ago - they make my size 7's look even bigger but I looove them. I'm sure yours and Ella's will be just as well loved x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'm impressed. Mary Janes sound lovely. Ella is size 7 but they seem to be quite flattering. I take an 8 or 9 depending on the shoe so the chunky styles are definitely out for me!

    ReplyDelete