Monday 15 October 2012

room for a little one...

I've been wanting to try out the simplest form of crochet shawl ever since I managed my very first granny square; the treble cluster variety that is. Back then, coming up with a triangular shape was beyond me!

Today I looked at a couple of patterns and found mistakes in both so decided on a trial and error approach. A chain 1 in between side treble clusters and a chain 2 for the 'turning' clusters seems to work just fine.

It could turn out to be mind numbingly boring but on the other hand it might be just the thing to alternate with while I have the puff stitch snood on the go. I like alternating! (OK I may have a short concentration span!)

I'm finally using up some gorgeous Manos del Uruguay yarn I've had for ages. It looks like one and a half skeins worth so I will treble cluster away until the first whole skein runs out and save the half skein for some kind of border.

I love these variegated yarns but I've found that in crochet it's tricky to show it off without losing the crochet detail (if you know what I mean!)

I'm not really the shawl wearing kind but this pattern/ yarn should make a decent sized triangular scarf type thing.

...and the project is so small I could fit it in my coat pocket!


No comments:

Post a Comment