Wednesday 13 November 2013

Off the hook...oatmeal baby cardigan


Woohoo! A finished project! I had some lovely oatmeal aran weight yarn in my wool cupboard and hoped it would make a nice baby garment. It's quite light, with a part wool content but washable.

I loved this free pattern (see below for link). It starts with a square yoke and the eyelet rows are quite simple. The rest of the cardigan was supposed to be done using the back loop only but on close inspection of the photograph supplied I didn't like the effect it produced so crocheted as normal through both loops.

I checked the tension before I started this time! Typically it was spot on with my wool choice and hook size.

I was going to use three little wooden buttons but Ella said it was too fussy. She's probably right. I did cause her to screw her face up when I said she would have looked very cute in it when she was 6 months old. Seriously, fifteen year olds do not want to reminisce about their baby days.

http://www.caron.com/projects/NEWPROJECTS/br/br_cno986_baby_hoodie.html

  

No comments:

Post a Comment