Thursday 10 May 2012

soda bread...


How can something so perfectly formed and bread-like taste so absolutely disgusting? Blergh! Mr H and I did a little experimental cooking today (a lotta that going on round here at the moment!).

This fab looking soda bread was none other than Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's recipe. I think it is safe to say that brown rice flour does not make a good substitution for gf plain flour. GF or not I can't have white flour so if anyone knows of a foolproof alternative please let me know. (Buckwheat flour makes equally disgusting cakes).

Three of us braved this bread and three of us ran to the bin to spit it out. It's nasty! I doubt the birds would even touch it.

1 comment:

  1. oh dear............ there are lots of bizarre substitions around, but the best thing seems to be using combinations of flours. will email you with some ideas

    ReplyDelete