Saturday 25 February 2012

oh frog it!


Remember this? It was a bit of a love hate thing. loved the colours, loved the squares, loved the speed at which it was meandering along... wasn't sure about the raised dc (sc in usa) joining method.

It was rescued with a dose of 'mum knows best'. She simply said, 'oh I love this, the colours are lovely'. Whilst holding the back of it facing her! I mumbled something about it being the 'in' thing to do this kind of joining which she agreed with as long as the dc was on the back! Aaargh.

To be fair, I wasn't happy with the way it looked and took the scissors to my careful, fiddly, blinking dc joins and unpicked the lot! I am so glad I did, because it now looks like this:

...and when I've made a back for it, it will look something like this:




Reminds me of French patchwork quilts. Mmmh, now there's a thought. A whole blanket. C'est possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment