Wednesday 8 February 2012

the three hour cushion...


Woo hoo! I knocked this 'motif' out this afternoon; after a quick whizz round with the hoover, a fairly long dog walk and putting two loads of washing through (all designed to make me feel less guilty about sitting down all afternoon indulging myself in a little crochet!).

I'm making the most of my current mood for tackling patterns which, quite frankly, look like a secret code. I saw this hexagon design in a book and hoped it might turn out cushion size if I used aran wool on a 5.5mm hook. After 3 hours of intense concentration it did! It's the perfect size for a 46cm circular cushion pad I've had lying around for a while.


The only dilemma now is whether to have a strong colour showing through or a cream colour which would look a bit like the old fashioned ones. I like both. Either way it means getting the dreaded sewing machine out to make a fabric back; I don't see the point in spending ages crocheting a back that's not going to be seen.

I love this 100% wool aran for the natural look but I can imagine it would look nice and modern in a strong colour, or even several colours - the middle looks like a perfect 'sun'.

The design is from this book:

No comments:

Post a Comment