Wednesday 1 February 2012

a kindle hug...


I looked at my 'to do' list this morning and realised that 'try out needle felting tools' and 'make kindle cover' could be combined. Shame it couldn't also be combined with 'attend basic sewing skills workshop' but you can't have everything can you?



The applique method of needle felting is simply punching the needle tool gently down on top of the wool into the felt below, using a brush mat underneath. 100% wool works best apparently so I used Freedom Spirit in DK weight. You can also use merino tops (see previous post) My felted base fabric was a 'shrunk in the wash' cardigan.

I think there'll be other felty projects in the pipeline. I'm not finished with that cardigan yet!

2 comments:

  1. oooh that's lovely. thanks for following me and for your comment. I've enjoyed coming here and reading all your posts, I like the idea of a manifesto, doubt I could stick to it though. hope you have fun with your blog, you'll learn loads from it, and from blog reading! can I suggest you create an email for your blog and then change your settings so it shows when you leave a commnent, it's so much nicer being able to respond but at the moment you show as a noreply comment.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks so much for having a look here (yes I'm having trouble following my manifesto already! On woolly issues that is. The email tip looks like a really helpful one - completely over my head though I'm such a technophobe! I'll have a look around and see what I can do about that. Thanks!

      Delete